Fall weekends are a great time to visit cool Kentucky spots. Sometimes a theme helps. Here are five of Kentucky’s greatest Lincoln pilgrimages.
• Abraham Lincoln Bridge: Part of the massive Ohio River Bridges Project.
• Lincoln statue in the Kentucky State Capitol: Rub his left foot for luck.
• Abraham Lincoln Birthplace National Historical Park: Like D.C., but in Hodgenville.
• Perryville Battlefield: One of the most unaltered Civil War sites in the nation.
• Abe Lincoln Rock: Located in Owsley County, this carved rock is hard to spot. But that’s part of the charm.
– Beverly Bartlett, The Kentucky 100