Leaves will soon turn, and Kentucky offers some of the most scenic fall drives in the country. If you find yourself cruising around the Bluegrass State, check out some of these unique roadside offerings to round out your trip.
• World’s tiniest church, Crestview Hills: Ripley’s deemed it such in 1922.
• World’s largest bourbon barrel, Bardstown: Naturally it’s in Kentucky.
• Stateside Stonehenge, Munfordville: A (much smaller) replica of the English monument, created with native rocks.
• Kentucky Rushmore, Louisville: Kentuckians Abraham Lincoln, Muhammad Ali, Colonel Sanders and Secretariat grace this mural outside a candy store.
• Fork in the Road, Franklin: It’s exactly that.
– Kristie Coggins, The 100 Companies