Festivals are more than just fun. Positive effects can include:
• Boosting the economy by drawing visitors.
• Building community pride for volunteers.
• Providing fundraising opportunities for community organizations that rent parking space, sell snacks, etc.
• Offering affordable entertainment, which keeps people engaged.
WellCare of Kentucky sponsored three Eastern Kentucky festivals this summer – investing $6,500 into festivals in Harlan and Whitesburg.
As Kentucky’s largest Medicaid provider, we understand communities affect the health of individuals. Helping sponsor festivals is our way of investing back in the communities where many people have trusted us with their health care needs.
– Morgan Kirk, WellCare of Kentucky