My world is changing. Business is growing, which means hiring people and moving offices. My children are heading to colleges. Even my mid-50s body is morphing.
Change creates anxiety. How to cope? Consider:
• The opposite of change is staying put, often unwise in a dynamic world.
• Change is a direction, not a destination. Travels may be rocky, but results can be rewarding.
• Whenever possible, choose change rather than have change imposed.
• Understand your power. Years ago, I gave my boss a copy of the Serenity Prayer to reduce stress. It’s time to ask for it back.
– Chad Carlton, The Kentucky 100