Just five hours from Atlanta, Abingdon is a perfect getaway for a long weekend. Here are just a few of the things you can do:
• Stay at the historic Martha Washington Inn, which has a spa, restaurant, indoor pool, children’s play area, tennis and pickleball courts, and 18-hole mini golf course.
• Bike the Virginia Creeper Trail, a 34.2-mile trail that winds through wooded paths alongside a creek and a river.
• Attend shows at the Barter Theatre, the oldest professional Equity theater company in the U.S.
• Dine at Luke’s Cafe for the best fish tacos ever.
Read our full story.
– Jan Schroder, The Travel 100